Monday 31 December 2018

Silence


Where did the blissful silence go?
Silence that made me think slowly.
Silence that opened a world of dreams.
Silence that made me speak to myself.
The tiny rain drops that were loud and clear,
In an evening of the blissful silence.
The cricket that sang and could still be heard,
The oil and spices that sizzled through the kitchen doors,
The kitten that would mew in the courtyard,
And the frog that made a noise on the stairs,
The bangles that made me feel granny’s presence,
The sound of water flowing while she cleaned the dishes
and wiped them dry.
That made me feel secure and happy at home.
That silence would make me lie down lazily,
Without caring for the world outside,
Without caring about the chaos of life,
That was the pleasure of being young,
When you still believed in promises,
When you still hoped for a fairy tale to come true,
When you still had a smile on seeing a box of candies,
When happiness was a cycle ride in the woods,
When a pocket full of coins made you feel rich,
When climbing a tree was the most amazing part of the day,
When falling from it would still not hurt,
When you lined up to hear the same story again and again,
When you still listened to your heart,
When the silence of your mind was not crowded
with reason, outcomes, targets and plans.


Featured post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers


For more poems please find my book "Here" 

Please like my page on facebook "Click Here" 

3 comments: