Tuesday 1 January 2019

When a year passes by


When a year passes by it leaves behind lot of reminiscences
I have an unfinished book and I don’t know if Veronica dies
I couldn’t complete a season and I still don’t know
the 13th reason of 13 reasons why
Winter has not yet come for me in the Game of Thrones
as I find it rather too engaging and sometimes gross
I have a half-written poem and words just refuse to flow
I also have a blog page untouched since a month
I have a dairy with ten ways to cook chicken
and have tried only the first two
I follow a website that states the most scenic places
to travel
I have a travel bag and even a travel kit,
but still waiting to go on a long vacation

I had huge plans that didn’t materialize
I had many dreams that didn’t transpire
However, I have nothing to be flustered about
As this is how life presents itself
unfinished, undone and unacquired
This is what is living in the world like
Having a little, doing a little and giving a little
Perfection is rather boring and so is being complete
And here I am at the dawn of a new year
Wanting a little, dreaming a little and
most importantly living my unimportant life
When a year passes by, I realise that this is all
that is left in this beautiful life
The simple pleasures, the unfinished joys,
some old abandoned stuff and yet something new to dive


Featured post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers


For more poems please find my book "Here" 

Please like my page on facebook "Click Here" 

6 comments:

  1. You put up the simple truth of life elegantly. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...well written. Something that was ringing within me and now I see it given precise shape... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very positive aspect of life ..well written and presented

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple way of thinking about a normal person.Well written.

    ReplyDelete