Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Shopping Therapy

After a tiring week I have always tried my best to do something relaxing in the weekend. At times reading books, watching TV or browsing just doesn't help. I feel an urge to go out doors to the fascinating malls which we don't have many in Bhubaneswar but decent enough to chill out. I can't tell you how many times I have felt much better and enjoyed reading a book more at the book store or a coffee shop rather than sitting at home. And sometimes just walking in the mall is more relaxing than staying at home and trying to take a nap. I am quite traditional in that way because I would rather love to go and try a dress in a retail outlet than just browse over all those online stores. May be because being in the software industry I anyways spend the whole week in front of the computer and when it comes to weekend I need that rush of people around me or the soothing music that often plays in those majestic stores.




So, who says money can't buy happiness? It actually can! Occasionally having that pizza with extra cheese or having the coffee laced with cream can definitely change the mood, just that we mustn't skip the exercise afterwards. I enjoy treating myself to the little shopping therapy where I often spend most of the time at the accessories store buying one or two items but browsing the entire section. I have tried one more thing, even if I have been to the mall for grocery shopping I window shop the whole mall before reaching the grocery section. This has made me happier and relaxed. I never rush to do the shopping or shop all at a time, I actually plan to invest considerable time in it and enjoy the carefree process. If you plan shopping way in advance it changes from a headache to a real stress buster. True most of the time we end up buying more than our actual needs, that’s why having a plan and knowing what we are buying is important. At times it's even important to know what you need to window shop i.e. "enjoyment" and what you need to purchase i.e. "requirement". This balance makes shopping a soothing experience that cheers you up and lightens the mood. And if you are a man accompanying a lady to the shopping mall you can always tell her the tricks to make shopping a thrilling experience while you enjoy sports in the Electronic section!

1 comment: